torsdag den 6. marts 2014

ALT for Damerne, 1955, no. 9

Now it's spring time in 1955. I have scanned from number 9, which was published 1 March 1955, and the focus is on summery hats:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 9
Remember that all photos can be clicked into larger and readable formats.

Bettina is refecting on lipstick:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 9
I am a great fan of lipstick myself and think that just as with shoes, you can never get too many.

An article about the youngsters who wants to manage on their on:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 9

Which I think is due to the very small and crowded apartments families lived in back then.
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 9

The rest of the article (page 37):
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 9

And the hat is from Svend:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 9

Who must have been a talented hatter:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 9

The first summer hats fly from the nest:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 9

Here are lots of inspiration for hat fashion:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 9
I have never worn hats myself, although I think it is super elegant when I see others.

Home made fashion for the young Miss newly confirmed:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 9
I would love to own number 4372, although it is many years ago I was newly confirmed.

Beauty in the closet - here is good advice on how to clean and treat your clothes and maintain order in your closet:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 9

If you also want spring to start early, you can knit this lovely blouse (in Danish):
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 9

If you don't like big projects, like the blouse above, perhaps this bag for clothes-pins is for you, because soon it will be a good drying day:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 9

Let's go on to the ads, where I start we two atypical ones:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 9
I sometimes see ads for silver cutlery, but I have never seen an ad for fertilizers and even as a smart pill!

I also want to be 5 cm younger! :)
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 9
Your lips says YES! Yes, my lips also loves lipstick, but I have never tried Richard Hudnut.

Here is a very nice set of lingerie from Amoda:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 9
And Cutex nail polish in a smart bottle with the famous Spillpruf technology.

The nightgown that makes you feel like a greek goddess:
ALT for Damerne, 1955, nr. 9
Asani in ballerina length for nightly grace. The sandals are lovely - I wish I could buy both , sigh.

2 kommentarer:

  1. Ooohh, those hats are all so awesome - and very (at least to me) wearable! Do you think the feather adorned topper on the cover was made to intentionally have the feathers frame the wearer's eye like that? If so, that is really ingenuous and chic (and something I've not come across before on a vintage hat).

    Big hugs & tons of happy Friday wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I don't know, but I guess it is a genius photographer's idea. Have a lovely weekend, dear. :)

      Slet

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...