torsdag den 13. juni 2013

Spring Nails

I'm painting my nails again and I've been quite good at remembering to take photos. Here is what I've been up to during spring. First my niece, who was so in love with my Halloween spiders, so she wanted spider nails for her twenty years birthday party:
Clear polish with black Konad spiders and web on the thumbnail - nice and different.

After having visited my doctor for check up on my stress, I bought a Ciaté duochrome polish (Spending Spree) to cheer myself up. It is cheaper than buying shoes:

I have tried to catch the duochrome effect, but it is not easy:
It looks like a pink steel kitchen zink with a golden colourshift - good explanation, right? ;) I have OPI's Extravagance from the Designer Series on the tips.

Here I have made turquoise glitter stains on a pearly white base:
They were super easy to make and I liked them all week. I just polished my nails with the pearly white, let them dry a bit, then put a good dot of glitter polish in the middle of the nail which I dragged randomly out with a dotting tool. I also dotted around the stain here and there. The pearly white is a very old Gosh and the turquoise glitter is a two dollar polish from Germany.

Oriflame had discounted their spring polished, so this mint green (Mint Pear) found way to my collection:
I stamped it with a glitter purple Konad polish from our US tour. Very springy.

And here is the loveliest Indie polishes from Etsy, which I had to try immediately they landed in my mail box:
They are from The Hungry Asian. The green one is Kiwi Smoothie and the purple is Li-laquer. Her spring collection is super nice and overall she has polishes that differ from all the usual glitter polishes which Indie brands normally carry. But her brand name is reason enough for me to buy her polishes. :)

I went to a party in my new blue brocade dress from the fifties, so I had to design some nails in the right colours, here they are:
They are made with a very old silver polish from Yves Rocher, on which I have put normal tape at the top to make socalled Chevron nails, and then painted them blue with Sally Hansen's Blue Me Away! (a one coater, yipee!), and lastly I've put a rhinestone at each point. I think it was nice and simple.

2 kommentarer:

  1. Fabulous nails - the spiders are thoroughly spooky (I'm the first to admit, I'm afraid of spiders - especially big ones), the stamps are so elegant, the silver and blue is my very fave - and they're all just so fun and creative!

    ♥ Jessica

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, Jessica. I'm afraid of spiders too, truly hate them and only stamp them for Halloween. But these are kinda cute. I also like the blue and silver ones a lot. Have a lovely weekend. :)

      Slet

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...