torsdag den 30. maj 2013

Funny Scissors

I've got a great idea for new easy nails - you cut tape with funny scissors:

I love Pinterest, and have seen it first there. Then it came to my mind that I already had a funny scissor I never used. Mine is number two from left.

Here I have made cut tests, still the same order as in the photo above:

Here is my first try with my own scissor:
The acid green is L'Oreal nr. 807 and the purple is OPI's Tomorrow Never Dies, from the Bond collection. First I cut a lot of tape in suitable lengths and thereafter I cut the pieces with a funny scissor. And I had to cut a lot, because the tape kept breaking. I suppose the scissors is best for papercutting. Remember that the first layer of polish has to dry completely before you put on the tape, and that the tape should be taken off immediately after the next layer of polish has been applied to get the sharp edges. So it's best to make one nail at a time. I need a new basecoat, so I apologize for the bubbles.

Well, I visited my MIL and helped her with her new pc, so I asked her if she had more funny scissors she didn't use. And she had - I got three more. The first big one is a professional sewing scissor, so it cuts really great. Unfortunately, the tape broke on my nails so I had to re-do several, very annoying:
The baby blue holo-polish is Makeup Store SIW and the dark blue is Essie Aruba Blue, my two favorites blues and at the same time.

So now I'm on the lookout for tape that doesn't break.

2 kommentarer:

  1. What an awesome idea! I'm a paper crafter and have probably about ten pairs of decorative edge scissors, so I'll definitely be giving this a try soon. Thank you for sharing, sweet Sanne!

    ♥ Jessica

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Then you should really try it. It is SO easy and looks very nice. :)

      Slet

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...