torsdag den 20. december 2012

Countdown to Christmas

I have made an advent calendar for my parents since 1981, and this year was no exeception. I love to receive gifts, but I love giving gifts even more. Here are all the gifts lined up in correct order, ready to be wrapped:

DH and I help each other and it is a quite cosy job. Here is the finished result:
My mum's gift is on the floor. It is a book and it is too heavy to hang on the calendar.

I have given son and DH advent gifts each Advent Sunday since son was ten. Son's gifts always hang from the curtain rod in our living room:

And DH's gifts lie in a basket I got at work:

And this year my niece, who is my cleaning fairy, also gets advent gifts. Here is the first one waiting for her with a card and her cleaning program as a surprise:

And if I am very lucky I also get a few advent gifts. This year DH gave me the first two and then son was supposed to give me the last two, but since he is already broke, I think I have to be satisfied with the first two. ;)

2 kommentarer:

  1. What an absolutely brilliant idea! Here in North America, advent calenders are usually small little things for children the involve opening a paper flap each day to reveal a small piece of chocolate, candy or very tiny toy. I prefer your version a million times more and really, really want to make something similar for Tony (my husband) next year. Thank you so much for the fantastic idea!!!

    ♥ Jessica

    SvarSlet
  2. It is originally in Denmark too, but I love to spread the Christmas cheer. I look forward to seeing your advent calendar next year. :)

    SvarSlet

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...